Wednesday 15 April 2015

Classic singers thrill fans in recent show



Lovers of contemporary classic music were thrilled during the  Seasonal Prime Celebration concert which held at MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos State. more...

One of the performers, an opera singer, Joseph Oparamanuike aka Mr. Tenor promised that the next edition will feature notable classic singers.
“ I studied in Scotland for my Masters in Opera. I have been singing, and I studied Chemical Engineering. I believe it’s good not to let this passion die, so I felt I should continue with classic music. 
For next year's concert, it will feature Asha, a notable musician, and we will collaborate with her because she is a good just classical musician, who will thrill and entertain the audience. We also hope to feature Dare Art Alade because we’ve worked with him in the past. We will also feature more classic musicians in the country. I believe that we will continue to grow in leaps and bounds because this concert that has come to stay despite the challenges that we have faced. 
Joseph recalled that the concert started in 2011 and it has been a great source of inspiration to people, who have supported me all these years. Some of them supported me when I travelled to Scotland for my masters programme and this is an avenue for me to give back to the people that supported me.

The story was published in The Sun newspaper on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 on page 52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts