Wednesday 15 April 2015

Acting has given me fame- Laury White



Imo State born, Lauritta Onye, aka Laury White is no doubt a rising star, she is not carried away by her size or disability, yet she has forged ahead and currently making waves in the movie industry.more...

Laury White, is also into athletics which she has been doing seven  years ago and she believes that it’s fun.
According to her: “acting has given more fame because of the popular artistes that she has performed with. One of the movies that that has brought her to limelight was Lords of Money, where she played the role of the lead character.
Laury White has no regret about life. “ I appreciate all what God has done for me because it is for a purpose. One of the challenges that I faced is the fact that people don’t respect me because of my stature/size, they believe they are older than me. It is wrong for people to discriminate and insult people with disabilities.” She said.
My advice to people is that they should stop discriminating against people with small stature/size. We are all equal in the sight of God and people should not take that as an excuse due to our disability because there is ability in disability.

The story was published in The Sun newspaper on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 on page 52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts