Wednesday 13 January 2016

My movies are advocacy tools – Lilian Amah


Two-time vice president, Association of Movie Producers (AMP), actress and author,  Lillian Amah-Aluko, says that her movies are entertaining and captivating and that is what makes her fans coming back for more.....

In an interview, Lillian speaks on how she hopes to protect her works from pirates, her message to her fans and her new movie due for release later in the year.
Forth coming movie
All the movies that I have produced so far are advocacy tools because my mission is to use audiovisual aid to enlighten people and effect positive change. I am also writer and producer. I have published two books entitled Echoes of a Heartbeat and Dreams of Yesterday. Dreams of Yesterday will be scripted for the screen very soon. I have produced several movies all written by others including She Devil, The Triangle, Jungle Ride, Runs and After the I Do. They all are also advocacy tools as their themes range from unemployment to incest and prostitution among others.
Protecting my new movie from pirates
I am working with other members of the association of movie producers to engage the government in assisting Nollywood with the enforcement of anti-piracy laws. In addition, I will also employ other means that will prevent pirates from pirating movies in the country.
Funding
Currently, I am into discussions with prospective investors and organisations and will also look to corporate bodies for partnerships and sponsorship.
Awards
I hope and believe that any movie I produce serves its purpose of entertaining, advocating and educating. If it wins an award, that will be a welcome bonus for me. This is not going to be my last movie but I hope to go on producing movies till the day my creator calls me home.
Message to fans
Let us all be the change we hope to see. Let us endeavour to do the right thing every day in whatever we do. That way our country will become what we wish it to be. I want to say a big thank you to them. We exist as artistes because our fans patronize our works. They encourage and criticize us and above all, love us and I am grateful to them for being there for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts