Friday 4 October 2013

‘Court, not FG reversed my dismissal from police’


A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Thursday said it was the court that ordered the reversal of  his demotion and dismissal from the Nigeria Police Force and not the Federal Government. Read more
By this Ribadu had  dismissed insinuations that his rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police, was returned to him in 2010 due to the Federal Government’s magnanimity.
Ribadu said this in Lagos at a public lecture to mark the official opening of a new law office of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr. Tayo Oyetibo.
He praised Oyetibo, who handled the case, saying it was one of the lawyer’s “many historic victories.”
He said, “I’m here today not just to honour my brother  Tayo Oyetibo, SAN, but to sincerely express a depth of gratitude for his selfless contributions to my personal and public service career. My relationship with this remarkable lawyer is one for which I must forever remain grateful. He has stood with me, believed in my causes while I was at the EFCC and dedicated his time and resources to representing us pro bono.”
Ribadu also praised some other lawyers including late Chief Gani Fawehinmi,  whom he said supported his tenure at the EFCC as well as some operatives of the commission who were killed in the line of duty.
He said the sacrifices and support of these individuals help him succeed as EFCC chairman.

BY ALLWELL OKPI 
CULLED FROM PUNCH NEWSPAPER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts