Thursday 28 May 2015

My mother taught me everything- Bolaji Rosiji



Chief Executive Officer of Gaurapad Foundation and former president of Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN), Bolaji Rosiji last week at the Eko Hotels, held a party in honor for his late mother, Mrs Gbemi Rosiji aka Mama ni. who died at the age of 89. more....

Rosiji said: " I am in high spirit because mama lived to up to 89 years which is an enviable age. She has left behind children who have followed her legacy of supporting Nigeria just the way she and her husband did." 
when asked what he would miss about his mother, he said: "What I will miss from my mother are the lessons that she taught me. As a young boy, I used to run away from mama because whenever guests would come to the house, she would tell me to go upstairs and arrange gifts for them which they would take home. Today, that lesson (teaching) is an example which I have imbibed by making sure that no one goes home empty or hungry when they come in contact with me. I have learnt and expressed today to all Nigerians." 
One of my fondest memories of mama was that she taught me everything. I was very lucky because my elder siblings were abroad, so I was the one with mama and she taught me everything. I remember vividly that when I made my first plate of Eba, I made it with ice water and I wondered why the Eba didn't come together to solidify. She laughed at me and later taught me how to prepare Eba and other foods. Today, wherever, I go, I cook any type of food myself. 
When we came back from the church, the pastor said mama was a member of so many organizations in the church and whenever she did anything for the church or community, she would always do it without putting her name. she prefers to be anonymous so that people will not know that she was the person that did it, that was what we learnt from mama.   
One of the traits from mama was that she never liked any lazy person and she had an incredible eye for little details which has rubbed off on me because in all things that I do, I am passionate about little details which some people have complained that I like things to be almost done correctly.  
We are putting up a five-storey edifice in honor of mama in Apapa, which we didn't plan to do initially. Basically, we were renovating the property that was there before but when mama passed on, I said to my elder siblings that we should do something in honor of mama by putting up an edifice that will be dedicated to the works of a non governmental organization that she so loves and that is what we will do to honor her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts